The San Fernando Cathedral staff congratulates you on the birth of your new baby and welcomes you to our baptism page. We are delighted that you are considering having your baby baptized here at San Fernando Cathedral!
Because of the numerous requests for baptisms and to check availability for baptism dates, please contact:
Mr. Ruben Alvarado
San Fernando Cathedral
231 W. Commerce
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Phone: (210) 227-1297 X128
Fax: (210) 271-0149
Please note that no Baptisms will be held during the Season of Lent between Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
The following guidelines must be followed for baptism registration:
- Parents need to come to the parish office to register their child prior to the date of the preparation session (class). We will only register 10 children per session. You must fill out the registration form and provide required paperwork. Incomplete paperwork does not reserve baptism date.
- Parents must bring the Birth Certificate (Health Dept) of child.
- Parents must bring a Letter of Permission from their parish. If you are not registered at a particular parish, you must bring a letter from the parish that belongs to you by boundaries.
- Must be 18 years of age and if single must have Baptism, 1st Comm., & Confirmation Sacraments. (Must bring proof)
- If married, must be married through the Catholic Church. (Must bring proof)
- The registration fee is $40.
- Parents and godparents are required to attend the preparation sessions.
- If the godparents are from out-of-town they must provide certificate of attendance from their parish.
- Baptism preparation sessions are held on Monday from 7 pm to 8:30 pm in the Church.